Day in day out there so many MTN Short Codes we seek. Code to register for mobile money, code for transfer data bundle, airtime, etc.
There are so many codes I know you wish you know in order for you to complete simple tasks on your MTN number. In here, I am giving you some short codes you can use on MTN to complete simple tasks.
MTN Short Codes
- 100 – General call center number
- 114 – Call center for Mobile Money merchants
- 115 – Call center for EVD vendors.
- *124# – For check airtime , data, bonus and sms balance
- *511# – MTN ATM token generation code.
- *296# – AYO Recharge with care insurance code.
- *5057# – Turbonet or FTTX Menu.
- *1333# – Self service code
- *811# – Family And Friends / CLIQ
- *1355# — MTN Caller ring-back tone
- *506# – Extra time or Extra Byte
- *5090# – Hello World Bundle for customers who want to Roam
- *5055# – MJaara Code. Works only in Brong Ahafo, Upper East, Upper West, Northern Region and Volta Region
- *5050# – Sunday Special Works only on Sundays
- *550# – Magic Number for only numbers less than 3 months old.
- *172# — Used to Locate mobile money merchants.
- *513# – Master account for sharing data bundle.
- *198# – For transferring airtime from a subscriber line.
- *5051# – For requesting a merchant sim card.
- *135# — MTN Zone / MTN So cool
- *315# — MTN Free After 1 code / MTN Nkomode code
- *1390# — Number Reservation
- *5060# — SME Bundles
- *770# — Ecobank Treasure Bill
- *567# — MTN Pulse/ Mashup
- *138# — Data bundle platform
- *141# = Just for you offer
- *482# – Loyalty bonus based on system selection
- *170# – Mobile Money Menu
- *171# – Mobile Money Merchant transaction menu
MTN Short Codes You Must Call (IVR)
Basically you will have to call the following codes and follow the voice prompt to activate the services.
- 108 – for voicemail activation
- 109 – For retrieving voicemail
- 1333 – Self service IVR
- 1303 – MTN Radio activation and listening
- 811 – Family And Friends / CLIQ
Short Codes That Demand SMS
7014 – Send START to activate Phonebook backup or STOP to deactivate
1399 – Call me back. Format: ( Recipient number <space>1,2,3 or 4)
1329 — For changing your Me2U pin code.
*134* Voucher code# – For recharging airtime
*144*Phone*voucher# – For recharging for others including people roaming
*43# – Activating Call waiting
*31# – Hide caller ID
*156# – Information Portal
- Check Phone number
- Request internet settings
- Check usage summery
- Check Postpaid Bill
- Make a 4G sim swap
- Check promo points
If you try making a call and it drops without any feedback or you get the feedback ‘call end’, probably you have mistakenly hidden your caller ID so just dial #31#, turn the phone Off and On, you should be able to make the call.
Dial ##21# if most of your callers are getting the feedback that they are calling the wrong number or they claim somebody else answered their call. Probably you have mistakenly done a call divert so that short code will cancel the divert.
Dial #33*0000# if you are making a call and it drops giving you the feedback “call barred”. It will cancel the call barring.
You can check lotto results by sending the first three letters of the days of the week in caps to 1903 at a fee. Example: send ‘MON’ to ‘1903’ to check Monday’s lotto results.
These are just few of the so many MTN codes. Most of these codes have been tested and some of them involve airtime charges so trying them will be at your own risk.
SLiMFACTSGh is not to be hold responsible for any damages caused when trying out these codes. This is just for informational purposes.
If there is anything you would like to add or questions you would like to ask, leave a comment below.